Saturday, January 22, 2011

my life in wonderland

Hi my name is Alice and I am the typical teen. I have pink hair and like pop music and every one knows it is hard growing up especially when you have a freaky brain problem. I suffer from a rare brain disorder called Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. I know that it sounds crazy but is true. It means that I see lots of weird things. I get a lot of hallucinations. It also gives me migraines. Sometimes it is hard because a visual effect can happen at any minute. When I am in school, it just happens. Like in gym once, we were playing dodge ball. Then everything started to sink into the floor. Sometimes they are so scary I think they are real, once I thought that there was an earthquake. Also, it can effect all your senses. It mostly messes with my balance. Some of the effects are cool, like sometimes I see in 3D, others are scary like my dad's body disappeared but his clothes were still there. This is my reality.    


2 comments:

  1. HI there Alice - thanks for sharing. Your stories are sure to be helpful to other kids. Your comment about your Dad:

    "my dad's body disappeared but his clothes were still there" - were this the other way around I think I would be joining you.

    Take care.

    Old Crab (aka Greg)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    This blog is wonderful!! Not only do I better understand what you experince now, but I think this will help others who may have had similar experinces and not known what it was all about.
    You are one great person!!
    Love you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete